- Posted 2024-02-06
- Job ID: 33162
We’re looking for a marine procurement professional to join a leading UK boatbuilder on the south coast.
Heralded as one of the best in their industry, this longstanding brand design, build and deliver a range of semi-custom and custom craft to a global audience. Swelling from 60 to over 130 staff in recent years to cope with industry demand, the reputation this yard holds is exemplary.
Reporting into the Purchasing Manager, the role will see you take on the following duties:
– Working off BOMs to procure a wide range of products, from manufacturing materials to custom parts.
– Creating a database of suppliers and parts for use with current and future projects.
– Sourcing, negotiating and expediting across a broad product range.
– Working with sales, design and manufacturing to ensure a smooth running procurement function and ensuring parts are available in line with project demand.
– Working with suppliers across warranty matters.
You’ll be joining a small back-office team and be able to confidently procure from a global supplier base, both using existing suppliers and through the identification of new supply. Ideally, your experience will have been gained in a maritime or high-value manufacturing environment and you’ll be able to work closely with internal and external stakeholders to create a smooth throughput of parts.
You’ll be a part of a growing team and be given ongoing development opportunity through your time with the employer, offered an excellent earnings package to boot.
If interested please apply, or contact Ed for more information.