Composite Structural Engineer
- Posted 2024-01-31
- Job ID: 33156
Are you experienced working with composite structures either as a Naval Architect or Structural Engineer in the marine sector?
SYR are pleased to be representing one of our long term clients in their search for a new team member. Nestled in the heart of the UK’s hub of yachting, we’ve enjoyed helping this team go from strength to strength through building a top class team of Naval Architects, Designers and Engineers. With a diverse range of projects already completed and many more in the pipeline, they’re the choice of a wide range of shipyards both in the UK and further afield.
The role of Composite Structural Engineer will see you as a master of all things composite structures in-house, working with the wider team across various projects. Duties will include:
– Working with the client to understand their brief and requirements when it comes to structures.
– Devising structural drawings that will meet the demands of use, along with adhering to regulation and classification requirements.
– Creating both 3D and 2D CAD files and lay up schedules.
– Some FE testing in-house or supported by external engineering partners.
– Support to the wider team when it comes to aspects such as systems placement and installation.
As an individual you’ll be degree educated in naval architecture or composites and have gained experience working with small or high performance craft, understanding the needs and demands of the end user as well as knowing the constraints of relevant classification requirements (generally under 24m). You will have worked as part of a wider team and be supportive of those around you, but also have the confidence to take the lead on areas within your specialism.
Joining an ambitious and talented team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow professionally and be a part of a very sociable group of individuals.
Salary for the role will be dependent on experience but expect £35-40,000 plus a range of benefits.
If interested, please apply or contact Ed for more information.