Control Systems Engineer
- Posted 2023-08-10
- Job ID: 32997
We’re seeking control systems geniuses to join a brand at the pinpoint of engineering for maritime decarbonisation
Established in 2017 to respond to the need for maritime carbon emissions reduction, this brand took high level motorsport and racing technology and have been transferring it to the maritime sector ever since. From foiling powerboats to wind assisted tankers this talented consultancy have introduced an incredible standard of innovation to the maritime sector and have a wide range of upcoming projects reaching to all corners of maritime
With the advances in technology and with maritime conditions being some of the harshest and most obscure to design and engineer for, exceptional control systems are required to run anything from a foil to a sail. The role of Control Systems Engineer is crucial in managing some highly intricate systems and will be integral to the business moving forwards. Duties will include:
– Involvement in the client brief from day one, building ideas and theories as to potential control systems and their specification
– Joining a project team, working closely with colleagues in a variety of areas and being the authority on all things controls
– Specification and programming of control systems, using Matlab and Simulink and writing in C++
– Constant theoretical testing and ultimately testing in real world situations that your systems are compatible and suitable for the required application
– Considering updates and upgrades post delivery
You’ll come from a dgeree-educated background in either electronics or mechanical engineering and have worked in a controls environment for a minimum of 5 years, ideally within a high performance or high-stress environment. A solid team player, you’ll be confident to manage your own desk but to integrate into a team where required. Likewise you’ll be a born innovator, keen to develop systems which have never been used before.
The role will see you based in Portsmouth at the company offices however there will be a requirement for local and international travel at times to visit events and meet clients/projects.
A strong remuneration package is offered which includes a market-leading salary, state of the art office and gym facilities, flexible hours and access to a company car scheme,
If interested please apply or contact Ed for more information