Graphic Designer - Freelance
- Posted 2023-05-10
- Job ID: 32901
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a multi-disciplinary design office near London Bridge for an enthusiastic and creative individual to join their Graphics team.
The candidate will be required to deliver innovative and intuitive design solutions for prestigious leisure projects. Projects will include branding, logo design, wayfinding and signage design.
As a member of the Graphics team your primary responsibilities will include the following:
• Plan, program, conceptualise and develop wayfinding and signage designs.
• Conduct research and generate multiple initial concepts to help solve a variety of problems for our clients.
• Design graphics, branded environment, and signage that connect people to place.
• Deliver wayfinding and design advice to clients including pedestrian circulation, movement and information strategies.
• Collaborate with architects, designers, and clients on all aspects of the design process.
• Develop creative and strategic solutions to enhance the brand experience of our client’s physical spaces.
• Lead, coordinate and carrying out extensive artwork packages to a print/production-ready standard, including engagement with suppliers and manufacturers.
• Integrate messaging, colour, imagery, type and composition into two and three-dimensional built environments.
• Have a strong understanding of how size, scale, colour, proportion, materiality, and finish are appropriate for a variety of interior and exterior environmental solutions.
• Prepare photo visualizations and mock-ups of proposed signage for placement, content and/or usage.
• 4+ years post-graduation of directly relevant work experience.
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Design Suite, including Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
• Experience in application of Wayfinding Strategy and Signage Packages.
• Strong background in branding, typography and layout is essential.
• Effective written, visual, verbal and presentation communication skills.
• A personal portfolio that contains a strong and varied design approach, as well as specific examples of fully realized and produced wayfinding projects.
• Experience working within an architectural environment.
• Proficiency drawing in scale and familiarity with architectural construction documents, elevations, plans, and shop drawings.
• Own laptop and software needed.
• Arabic written and spoken a bonus.
• Remote working, with occasional days in office when needed.