Head of Naval Architecture
- Posted 2023-10-26
- Job ID: 33073
We’re looking for the most talented among us to take on the role of Head of Naval Architecture with a leader in foiling zero-emission technology.
Born from the ashes of a major Americas cup team, this employer has become well known in both leisure and commercial markets for their patented E-Foiler platform that can be adapted to a multitude of different uses. From their headquarters in Belfast they now design, engineer and build craft that are being sold to a global client base and the order book is filling.
Due to internal changes, a vacancy now exists for a Head of Naval Architecture, tasked with leading the naval architecture team on the design of a whole new wave of products. Duties will include, but not be limited to:
– Development and leadership on the naval architecture strategy for the organisation.
– Management of a team to meet objectives in project delivery, quality and performance.
– Ensuring excellent process throughout your department, constantly reviewing and improving.
– Reporting on a wide number of deliverables to Directors.
– Supporting other departments through provision of engineering drawings and being able to support commercial teams on technical queries.
To be considered for this position we require an individual with the following skills:
– A degree in Naval Architecture.
– 5 or more years experience in a senior role within a racing or high performance maritime brand.
– Excellent man management and leadership skills.
– Great interpersonal skills.
– The ability to work with stakeholders at various levels, both internally and externally.
The role itself will require you to be permanently based in Belfast, Northern Ireland. The employer will endeavour to offer relocation assistance to applicants from further afield and welcome non-UK applicants with support on Visa sponsorship. You’ll be joining a highly talented multinational team with a major focus on maritime decarbonisation and alongside a strong salary and benefits package will be support in career growth and development.
If this sounds like the challenge you’ve been waiting for, it’d be a pleasure to hear from you. Please apply or contact Ed for more information.