Manager Projects & Engineering
- Posted 2023-10-24
- Job ID: 33066
We’re looking for the next Manager of Projects and Engineering for a growing Dutch yachtbuilder.
Based near to the major yachting hubs of Amsterdam and Rotterdam, this yard has been in business for over a decade and build daughter craft for some of the world’s largest yachts. With a very ambitious order book and as a result of restructuring plans, the business now seeks a very experienced individual to lead the projects and engineering side of the business.
An exciting role, this post will see you take on the following duties:
– Direct interaction with the client to ascertain their project needs and to mastermind a build timeline and schedule.
– Working with external design studios and Naval Architects to define the project and create concepts for client sign off.
– Oversight of an engineering team to take designs through to production readiness.
– Leadership of the projects team to expertly schedule builds to meet the needs of the business and also the client.
– High level management of quality, delivery schedules and financial oversight.
The role will suit someone with experience in leading technical teams in the design and build of small composite craft either on a production or custom build basis. A strong leader with great customer skills, you’ll be able to engage with a wide variety of stakeholders to successfully develop and grow the business. You’ll have a technical education background in engineering, naval architecture or similar and be confident in engaging with technical colleagues.
Working with the current consultant in this role, you will be given a period of handover before then taking on the project full time, working with the owners to achieve in line with their ambitious goals.
On offer is a great long term employment opportunity that will be matched with an excellent salary package.
If interested please apply or contact Ed for more information.