Mechanical Project Engineer
- Posted 2022-08-22
- Job ID: 32544
SYR are working in close partnership with a brand known globally for their engineering and build of luxury motor and sail yachts.
As part of their continuous commitment to growth and advancement in the build of luxury yachts, the in-house design office employ some of the best in the industry to ensure that both internal and external design and engineering is exemplary. With expertise from blank sheet to production drawing, the engineering team are capable of designing within strict parameters and using the latest technology.
Due to continued growth in the mechanical team they now seek a Mechanical Project Engineer, tasked with the following duties:
– Review, amendment and approval of internal and external engineering files and documents
– Working across various departments to ensure mechanical engineering aligns with all departments within the build process
– Linking up with compliance partners and classification societies to ensure that designs adhere to industry requirements
– Work with third parties and industry innovators to design for installation and setup of groundbreaking mechanical solutions
– 3D Modelling and Engineering of a host of challenging on board mechanical systems
– 2D CAD and production drawings for manufacture
The ideal individual for this role will have gained their experience thus far in either a large yacht or cruise design setting, with a confidence to work with intricate and large scale systems and a keen eye for detail. You will be joining a strong team, so an ability to be a team player is necessary, as is the ability to work autonomously as required. You will be degree educated in a relevant field and confident in using both existing and new methods to reach the required outcomes.
Based in the Netherlands, the role will come with a strong salary and benefits package. Preference will be given to those already living and working in NL, but the employer will also consider those from elsewhere in Europe or indeed outside of the Eurozone.
If interested please Apply or contact Lauren for more information