- Posted 2023-11-17
- Job ID: 33100
Are you an experienced yacht painting professional at Project Manager level or similar, looking to make the leap into a new and exciting role with a growing refit brand.
SYR are partnered with a fantastic European brand looking to make big steps forward in the Med market. As part of their growth plans they seek a Paint Manager to drive the development of their coatings department, tasked with the following duties:
– Working with senior management to define a growth strategy for the departments.
– Development of a paint team to work on projects and in yards across the Med.
– Driving growth of new projects using an existing expansive network.
– Ensuring the profitable day to day running of the paint department, managing quality and delivery of projects.
– Recruitment into the painting team.
Our ideal candidate for this role will be coming from a career in coatings, having evolved from the shop floor into a leadership role. You will be technically very capable but with the ability to lead a team of painters and to commercially and operationally manage a department that will be growing quickly in the next 18-24 months. With a great ability to build a network around you and to connect with Captains, crew and yards you will be organised, ambitious and capable.
The role will require extensive travel, so aside from being based in Europe with the ability to travel freely, your home base is not important. English language skills however are essential and any other languages spoken a bonus.
You’ll be taking on and growing an entirely new department for the business, giving you huge opportunity to grow both financially and professionally.
If you’d like to be considered, please apply or contact Ed for more information.