- Posted 2023-08-23
- Job ID: 33008
Do you have experience in technical sales of commercial maritime craft but have an interest in working with a brand laser-focussed on building the cleanest vessels possible?
SYR are working with a brand at the forefront of maritime decarbonisation based in Belfast, Ireland. Having developed their first platform, a 10m electric foiling workboat with infinite uses and possibilites they are now moving into developing larger craft and also those for use in leisure applications such as water taxis, tenders and more. Hvae scaled incredibly quickly since their launch, the company now employs around 300 staff and covers from sale through design and build, offering an end to end solution to clients.
The role of Product Owner is critical as it bridges the gap between sales, design and production. Acting as a font of knowledge on your assigned line of craft, duties will include:
– Supporting sales through direct client engagement on technical queries, custom requests and more
– Working with design to discuss and assess feasibility of customer requests, being able to then advise sales on price changes, delivery changes and build times
– Supporting production through the build phase, understanding progress timelines and being able to explain delays to delivery
– Acting as an internal and external encyclopaedia of your product
– Handling mutliple projects and tenders at any one time
The ideal candidate for the role will come from a similar position within the commercial maritime sector, ideally someone who has sold commercial small craft internationally and possesses both the technical commercial skills to be able to ‘wear both hats’. A confident negotiator, you’ll deal with a variety of stakeholders on a daily basis, showing clear understanding of the overall process and being able to negotiate with all involved to encourage the ideal outcome.
You’ll be joining a brand that is fast moving, but be well supported in your role and encouraged to grow with the organisation. Due to the commercial nature of the role, there will be some expectation to travel both to shows and events but also to meet with clients as the technical expert
In turn you’ll receive a strong earnings package plus receive a wide range of further benefits which include relocation assistance to Belfast for the role if successful
If you’d like to learn more please Apply or contact Ed for more information