- Job ID: 32827
SYR are supporting a very busy Cornish boatyard in their search for a Purchasing Manager
With a strong reputation across the industry, this continually growing business has enjoyed great success in the world of luxury vessels and yacht tenders, building a global reputation for quality products and leading their field in luxury craft.
As part of their continued growth they now seek a Purchasing Manager to join them at their waterside facilities, tasked with leadership of their entire procurement function. Duties will include, but not be limited to:
– Leadership of procurement across production and custom craft
– Review and alignment of existing suppliers with the business need, identifying improvements in cost and quality where required
– Ensuring stock readiness and availability in line with production schedules
– Constant population and development of the ERP system and stock database
– Working with design to build pre-production costs and budgets
The ideal individual will either come from a boatbuilding or manufacturing background and be confident in leading a procurement function. You’ll be able to liaise with multiple departments to meet their needs whilst also managing expectations of the business on cost, availability and quality. Ideally CIPS qualified, you’ll be used to working with ERP systems and hold strong IT literacy
This is a challenging but exciting role for the right person and offers excellent career development opportunity alongside a generous package for the industry.
If interested please Apply or contact Ed for more information