Senior Operations Manager
- Posted 2023-10-31
- Job ID: 33075
SYR Shoreside Superyacht Recruitment are working in partnership with a leading Italian shipyard who are looking to appoint a Senior Operations Manager to their team.
Based in one of yachtbuilding’s major hubs, this shipyard have long been a household name when it comes to large yacht builds and are boasting a very busy order book well into the second half of the decade. With a number of current projects now into the early part of the build phase, they are seeking a senior operational individual to join them, ideally starting on or before 1st January.
Initially assigned to a specific project of around 80m, the role will come with the following duties:
– Technical oversight and management of all direct and indirect labour within the build.
– Working with engineering, production and quality to ensure quality, time and cost standards are achieved throughout the build.
– Act as a main point of contact to the executive team across all operational matters related to live builds assigned to you.
– P&L management of your assigned builds.
– General management across your assigned builds.
– Close working with the project manager and various external stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate for the role will have already held a similar role in a large yacht shipyard and be capable of managing the operations of a busy facility with multiple ongoing builds. You will be technically educated to degree level in a relevant discipline and have managed large yacht builds previously. With the ability to manage relationships at all levels, you will have excellent people skills and the confidence to lead and manage a team of up to 200 across your projects.
Italian and English language skills to advanced or fluent level will also be required.
The shipyard will offer an industry-leading salary plus on site accommodation if required, with the potential for long term employment and career development.
If you fit the requirements detailed above then please apply or contact Ed for more information.