Senior Project Engineer
- Posted 2023-11-17
- Job ID: 33105
We’re seeking an experienced Engineer to join a busy south coast shipyard as a Senior Project Engineer.
Working to build anything from a ferry to a superyacht, this busy yard is constantly growing in response to international demand. Having worked with various well known maritime brands, they have cemented their reputation for building high quality products.
Due to expansion they’re seeking a Senior Project Engineer to join them, based on the Isle of Wight.
In the role of SPE you will be tasked with the following duties:
– End to end leadership of a range of complex build projects.
– Compliance oversight, ensuring works adhere to specific class, flag and coding requirements.
– Leadership of a team of Engineers and Naval Architects, ensuring that all drawings are exact and in keeping with the requirements of the project.
– Oversight of finance and quality control.
– Ongoing and regular client contact.
For this role, we are seeking a senior level Engineer with 7 or more years experience, keen to work in a busy yard and grow their career. You will be degree educated in naval architecture or a similar discipline, be working towards chartered status and be confident in taking on major projects in a lead position, working with multiple projects and stakeholders at any one time. Organised and confident, you will be able to work with various stakeholders throughout each project, contributing to its overall completion in line with a range of variables.
The role will see you based full time on the Isle of Wight, so you will need to be prepared either to commute on a daily basis or to relocate.
On offer is a salary of £50-55,000 plus various benefits and continuous career growth potential.
If interested, please apply or contact Ed for more information.