- Job ID: 32783
Are you an accomplished naval architect with experience working on the design and engineering of large yachts and keen to move away from a purely studio based role and into a position that will see you engage more with the yard and owner?
SYR are supporting an exciting consultancy that operate on behalf of owners to guide them through the process of building a yacht. From yard selection to interior layouts, this small but highly experienced team have a combined 50 years between them including a number of high profile builds. Due to the continued demand for their service they are now looking to add to the team:
In the role of Technical Manager, you will have the following duties:
– Working with the client to select design, engineering and shipyard partners for their build
– Offering advice on various aspects of design, such as layouts, interiors, open spaces etc
– Acting as project manager of external design and engineering partners through to point of keel being laid
– Ensuring accurate document release, design review and oversight of class and flag approval, including document changes
– Working with both colleagues and the shipyard to ensure continued adhered to time and quality standards
– Joining the yacht on sea trials and signing off
This will be a hugely exciting but also challenging role for the successful individual. The position can be worked from home and will required frequent travel (anticipated 8-10 days per month over 2-3 trips), all of which will be expensed by the employer.
In terms of the ideal individual, we seek someone with naval architecture degree or similar who has worked on the design of new build large yachts. You’ll need to be confident and articulate, able to work with owners, colleagues and external stakeholders in a timely and professional manner. You’ll in turn be rewarded both in terms of remuneration and job satisfaction.
If you’d like to be considered please Apply or contact Ed for more information
N.B. Given that this role will required regular travel to and from the UK and Europe we can only accept applications from those with a UK or EU passport or right to remain