- Posted 2023-07-05
- Job ID: 32962
We’re seeking the ambitious and talented amongst us to join a Dorset-based engineering and manufacturing brand that operate in the superyacht world.
Consulting to the luxury yachting sector, this longstanding brand build custom parts for the largest sailing and motor yachts in the world. With boats getting larger, some incredibly strong and intricate systems are required to cope with loads and pressures never experienced before.
Reporting to the Head of Design, the Design Engineer will carry out the following duties:
– Liaise with commercial and project teams to understand the client brief
– Generate product concepts in 3D (Autodesk Inventor)
– Carry out theoretical testing and redesign in order to meet requirements on cost, quality and size
– Work with the manufacturing team to ratify and prototype concepts
– Follow product builds through to completion, testing and installation
– Generate BOMs
As an individual you will have either a Product Design or Mechanical Engineering degree and be passionate about unique projects. With a capability to design from scratch and a creative mindset to envisage new ideas you will be given an avenue to satisfy your engineering brain. With on-site manufacturing you’ll also be able to see your work come to life and make rolling design changes.
Excellent CAD skills (Autodesk Inventor or Solidworks) are required, as is the ability to work autonomously or support the team.
In turn you’ll be offered a chance to work on some incredible projects and develop within a growing business. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience
If you’re interested, please Apply or contact Ed for more information