Vessel Operations Manager
- Posted 2023-12-13
- Job ID: 33122
The position of Vessel Operations Manager is a new role within the client office, and will fill a prominant position within the Yacht Management Department and work directly with the company’s clients, Yacht Captains and Yacht Owners and their representatives, along with multiple colleagues within the organisation.
The Vessel Operations Manager is responsible for the following, but not limited to:
• Monitor the safety and environmental/pollution prevention aspects of the vessel operations and ensure that adequate resources and shore based support is provided as required;
• Respond in a professional and timely manner to all client emails and requests, in addition to all supplier emails;
• Ensuring the validity of vessel certificates;
• Day-to-day maintenance and monitoring of the Safety Management System and all required vessel specific documentation;
• Monitor changes to legislation and best practices; • Receiving, monitoring, recording and overseeing of observations, NCRs, accident reports, near misses, on-board management meeting minutes, hours of rest;
• Liaise with the Technical Manager with regards to receiving, monitoring and recording defect reports;
• Liaising directly with Flag Administrations and Classification Societies in relation to communication of observations, NCRs, accident reports, near misses;
• Co-ordinating surveys and audits with Flag Administrations and Classification Societies, as required;
• Liaising closely with the Captain to ensure the effective control of all documents and information;
• Responsible for the monitoring of SMS Chapter 7 the Safety Management System “Shipboard Operations” and all related certification and documentation requirements;
• Responsible for the monitoring of SMS Chapter 8 the Safety Management System “Emergency Preparations” and all related certification and documentation requirements;
• Identifying, along with the Captain and relevant managers ashore, any required amendments or development of Company procedures and other management system documentation;
• Monitoring and updating of the Operations Manual, procedures and checklists, as appropriate;
Experience in a similar role within commercial or yachting is preferred and the candidate must be in commutable distance to the client offices in the north east of England.
Salary is commensurate with experience and the package includes a range of benefits and profit share/KPI related bonuses.
A full job description is available on request, please contact Simon directly for more information or to discuss your candidacy.