Happy 2nd Birthday To SYR!
- Posted January 31, 2023
It’s hard to believe that two years have passed and SYR is celebrating its 2nd birthday! It has been an incredible journey so far, incredibly rewarding for the majority and incredibly stressful at times, but that’s the joy of owning your own business, right?
In February 2022, on our first birthday, I said that “We want to challenge the industry. We want to give back and support the grassroots side of yachting. We want to grow, continuing our international presence and offering flexible and relevant services not only in recruitment but in data, surveys and marketing support.”
I’m proud and amazed that we’ve achieved all of that and so much more! In the last 12 months we have:
- played a key role in one of the industry’s largest research projects on diversity and inclusivity within the superyacht world, in collaboration with Boat International.
- pledged a £21,000 donation to UKSA to work with them over the next three years as they support young people, particularly from diverse backgrounds, to discover and hopefully pursue a maritime career.
- partnered with YPY UK giving us a relevant platform to offer advice, guidance and open up opportunities to the up and coming talent in the industry.
- attended 17 industry events.
- increased revenue by nearly 50%.
- helped over 100 candidates across four continents find a new career.
- connected with over 2,000 new followers on LinkedIn (hello to the 3,000+ people following our journey!).
- engaged, as a team, with a collective 42,000+ industry professionals on LinkedIn.
- successfully launched the Superyacht Supper Club,
- created a brand new website that makes navigating the recruitment process a whole lot easier, whether you are looking to hire or seeking your next role.
None of this would have been possible without the hard work and dedication of the SYR team who have consistently been doing what they do best; working with the finest companies, sourcing the greatest candidates and posting the most awesome career opportunities.
My vision has always been to shake up the superyacht recruitment industry and it really feels like SYR is more than just a Shoreside Superyacht Recruiter now.
Here’s to many more years of growth and success!